Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Beloved and My Friend

Today is a special day for me and my bride. Today we celebrate 27 years of marriage. Outside of the gift of salvation in Christ, Patty has been God's richest gift to me and in so many ways, season by season, she has been a flesh and blood manifestation of the grace and goodness of God to me.

Knowing I would be awake long before her, she placed a card on top of my Mac last night (as well she sent me an email at 12:54 AM). The card contained these powerful words from the Song of Songs which describe the heartbeat of our relationship:

"This is my beloved, this is my friend..."(Song of Solomon 5:16)

Love you babe! Happy anniversary!

Stay connected...

1 comments:

x said...

27 years! congratulations!!!

and i really like working with hannah! :)