Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Music

I have been listening to some new music this week. Here's what's playing on my iPod right now:

Orthodoxy by Eddie Kirkland. Eddie was our worship leader at Q (acoustic guitar and djembe - very sweet). He's based in the Atlanta area and is connected with Buckhead Church there. Some of his stuff has been recorded by other artists (like Fee). A bit heavy on the production for my tastes, but memorable melodies and powerful lyrics.

Adore and Tremble by Daniel Renstrom. I stumbled across Daniel's EP via a link from Aaron Niequist's site (Aaron is the worship pastor at Mars Hill and has a new release as well, "With Broken Fists"). Strong guitar work and most importantly rich, deep theological content in his lyrics. Proof that worship music can (and should move) beyond love songs about me and Jesus.

Shine through the Stars by Chasen. This trio from Greenville, SC has a rootsy, pop sound and their songs reflect a hunger for God and an awareness that God is at work everywhere, all the time.

Girls and Boys by Ingrid Michaelson. Because my wife likes her and yes you have heard her stuff on Grey's Anatomy. Need I say more?

What are you listening to these days?

Stay connected...

5 comments:

Tara Lamont said...

I can't seem to hear enough of the 77's - Mike Rowe and company.
I picked up Hillsongs United album and was impressed with the content of this live album...
I'll keep listening!
Tara

terry said...

thanks for stopping by and posting, tara. i am listening to the 77's right now - certainly a unique sound.

alyssa said...

I've been listening to Jesca Hoop. I love her cd, so does Téah! :) (we're not big on "kids' music" in our car because it drives John and I nuts)

terry said...

speaking of new music - go to coldplay.com and download the new song violet hill

Dianne said...

Charlie Hall is still pretty new to me, I really like his sound.

Hey you got your rss feed back - good job!